The Great Summer Library Challenge hosted by me and Erica from What Do We Do All Day? is finally coming to a close with a fun activity: a Library Scavenger Hunt. Just like the other library challenges, you can complete this Library Scavenger Hunt with or without doing the other challenges. I think that you will enjoy our scavenger hunt, and you might even learn something new!
Sample Library Scavenger Hunt Clues:
Clue #1 – Listen, look, and read. Can you find an audiobook and its corresponding print copy? (Bonus Point: Find a DVD about the same book too!)
Clue #2 – Roll out the red carpet for the book celebrities. Can you find a book with a medal on its cover?
Clue #3 – Visiting the library is out of this world. Can you find the call number for non-fiction books about the moon.
Download the free Library Scavenger Hunt printable (link above) for the complete set of 10 clues!
Our experience with The Great Summer Library Challenge
I explored the library with my preschooler and toddler this summer while putting together these library challenges. We discovered many new books, met several friendly (and smart) librarians, and even attended a couple library programs. I learned that my preschooler loves books about the human body, enjoys classics such as Treasure Island on audio book, and likes to check out thick novels despite not being able to read.
If you haven’t checked out The Great Summer Library Challenge, go back and try some of the challenges. All of the challenges are designed to be easy to complete on their own and in any order.
- Introduction to the library challenges featuring the Greenville Library
- Introduction to the library challenges featuring the Brooklyn Library
- Explore the Fiction Section with your kids at the library (Challenges 1 -3)
- Explore the Fiction Section with your kids at the library (Challenges 4 – 6)
- Explore the Non-Fiction Section with your kids at the library (Challenges 1 – 3)
- Explore the Non-Fiction Section with your kids at the library (Challenges 4 – 6)
- Explore the Non-Book Resources with your kids at the library (Challenges 1 – 2)
- Explore the Non-Book Resources with your kids at the library (Challenges 3 – 4)
If you’ve been following along (even if these challenges just inspired you to visit the library), we would love to hear about your experience visiting your local library. Did you discover any new books and resources?
Now go try our Library Scavenger Hunt and let us know what you think!
Hi! I’m Bethany. I’m a mom, weekly Greenville News columnist, and co-owner of Kidding Around Greenville SC. Welcome to my parenting blog No Twiddle Twaddle, all about adding a little magic to kids’ lives through play and reading. If you are new, don’t miss my other popular free printables: ABC Bingo, Build-a-Book Kit, and these lovely bookmarks created by MamaMiss. You can join me on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest (I’m a BHG.com Pinner Pro!). Subscribe via email to get my updates straight in your inbox.