Today’s list of free kids’ eBooks contains eight picture books. These books include two new picture books in the character building Self-Esteem and Self-Respect series, a bilingual Spanish/English animal book, and a fall-themed book by Cindy Bracken.
- Don’t forget to check prices before downloading. These eBooks typically will remain free for only a short period of time and may not be free for all locations.
- You can read a Kindle eBook on non-Amazon devices by downloading their free app unto your PC or i-pad.
- Although, I try to screen as much content as I can, I am not able to fully read each book. This article reflects my opinion only based on what I have seen, so you may want to read additional reviews or skim to be sure these books are appropriate for your family.
- If you want to get these lists while the books are still free, be sure to subscribe via my RSS feed for instant updates. Email subscribers will receive one email a day between 5-7 pm EST.
- This blog uses affiliate Amazon links.
- If you want to read all about how I find these books, create these lists, and choose what to feature, read my FAQ on Finding Free EBooks.
Two of my favorite free kids’ eBooks today are:
Gumbo Goes Downtown by Carol Talley
Gumbo feels worthless since even though he is a “watch dog” his bark doesn’t scare the neighbor girl or the postman away from his home. He runs away to find a better life and meets some dogs with “more exciting lives”, but then he realizes that home is where he belongs and even his friendly bark is important.
Kiki and the Cuckoo by Elizabeth Happy
Kiki, the meadowlark, is in search of a wife and refuses to allow any other birds to compete in his territory. He meets his match though in a persistent cuckoo bird (in a cuckoo clock). Kiki tries at first to outwit and outcall the bird, but soon learns that he is better off doing a good job at being himself than failing in imitating someone else.
These two books have lovely illustrations. The type is quite small, but both books have a text readability feature enabled that allows you to expand the text by double tapping it. Once you have double tapped the text, you can read through the book by tapping the left and right sides of your touch screen device like you would to turn the page. Each tap will cause the next portion of text to expand and will not turn the page until you have read all the text on that page.
You can find the rest of my list on Amazon: