Today’s list of free kids’ eBooks has ten picture books on it. None of them are necessarily amazing (although one is a professionally published book released on Kindle), but they are all cute and books that I think preschoolers and under would enjoy.
- Don’t forget to check prices before downloading. These eBooks typically will remain free for only a short period of time and may not be free for all locations.
- You can read a Kindle eBook on non-Amazon devices by downloading their free app unto your PC or i-pad.
- Although, I try to screen as much content as I can, I am not able to fully read each book. This article reflects my opinion only based on what I have seen, so you may want to read additional reviews or skim to be sure these books are appropriate for your family.
- If you want to get these lists while the books are still free, be sure to subscribe via my RSS feed for instant updates. Email subscribers will receive one email a day between 5-7 pm EST.
- This blog uses affiliate Amazon links.
- If you want to read all about how I find these books, create these lists, and choose what to feature, read my FAQ on Finding Free EBooks.
Today, some of the best free kids’ eBooks available are:
Amazing Volcanoes by Robin Tookes
Tookes has done a good job of formatting and picking creative themes with her non-fiction eBooks that explore nature. I’m picky about rhyming books, and I felt like this particular eBook would have been better if it didn’t rhyme. (But, that is just my opinion, and rhymes are great for beginning readers.) This book also has a link to her website which has a slideshow for each book that your child can watch with the password inside the book.
Spring Babies Library by Cindy Bracken
I know that I’ve featured these early readers before, but this set might be new to some readers. I love the sweet photos of baby animals that Bracken chooses. I also like that I have never seen a typo in one of Bracken’s books. Cindy used to be a kindergarten teacher, and her books reflect that.
You can find the rest of my list on Amazon: Free EBooks for Kids
I’ll mention it again tomorrow, but I plan on taking a blog break over the holiday weekend from Saturday – Monday. I may still post a book or two if I see anything that is amazingly good being promoted for free, but I suspect that with the holiday weekend there won’t be many free eBook promotions.