I have heard that my lists of free eBooks are too long to muddle through and several readers would like me to delete more books so that the best books stand out better. So, today I have a nice eight book list for you, and I have put asterisks beside those eBooks that are the best quality. (Please remember that I don’t have time to read every word of every book, so I may miss that a book has an error now and then.) Today’s list of free eBooks for kids has two ocean themed books with lovely photos, a very fun looking novel for the tween set, and two “Your Choice” books, plus more.
I will plan on running a survey some time next week to see whether you like the shorter lists better or not. In the meantime though, please feel free to give any feedback! I also am trying to add more critical comments to my lists. (My fingers are crossed that I won’t offend too many authors in the process.) If you ever don’t like a book, feel free to send an email (email@example.com
) or write a comment. I may not of read the entire book, and the feedback will help me next time I see that book for free.
If you are new, take a minute to read through the following:
- Don’t forget to check prices before downloading. These eBooks typically will remain free for only a short period of time and may not be free for all locations.
- You can read a Kindle eBook on non-Amazon devices by downloading their free app unto your PC or i-pad.
- Although, I try to screen as much content as I can, I am not able to fully read each book. This article reflects my opinion only based on what I have seen, so you may want to read additional reviews or skim to be sure these books are appropriate for your family.
- If you want to get these lists while the books are still free, be sure to subscribe via my RSS feed for instant updates. Email subscribers will receive one email a day between 5-7 pm EST.
- This blog uses affiliate Amazon links.
- If you want to read all about how I find these books, create these lists, and choose what to feature, read my FAQ on Finding Free EBooks.
The best free eBooks for kids available today are:
I think Kay de Silva is quickly becoming one of my favorite non-fiction authors who promotes her picture books for free. This book about Sea Turtles is full of beautiful large photos and paragraphs of facts. Whether your kid enjoys learning about turtles or just wants to look at the illustrations, this picture book would be worth checking out.
This alphabet book is fun and creatively illustrated and alliterated. Everything is nonsensical and completely made up, but every now and then the books hits just that right combination of real plus nonsense to be funny.
I was amused by the first chapter in this novel, where the sisters Tempest and Serena were given some magical batteries that once placed in a flashlight made all wishes come true. Later, friend blogger Susan Case, sent me a note asking me to be sure to check it out along with a link to this review by Vivian Kirkfield
of it. It sounds like Vivian shares all my favorite childhood books, so I figure we should take her word that The Adventures of Tempest and Serena
is a good one.
By the way, Susan has a list of alphabetized lunch box jokes
on her blog today. (I know that Susan’s jokes aren’t a book and don’t really belong on this list, but I figured you might like them anyway. Plus, as Susan point out jokes are great for some easy reading practice.)
You can find my complete list of books on Amazon:
Don’t forget too that Dianne Miller
‘s book Don’t Go
is still free today and Saturday. If you have a kid starting preschool, you definitely will want to download this book!
Thanks for stopping by!
For those who are new, you can join me online on Facebook
, or Pinterest.
If you want to be sure not to miss out on my lists, you can subscribe by RSS feed
(instant updates) or by email (daily updates).