I know that I have mentioned the Readathon 2012 with MeMeTales several times, but I wanted to be sure that I had covered all the information so that everyone can join. Please, don’t think “marathon” when you think “readathon”. Joining the Readathon is not going to be a lot of work, but joining will be a lot of fun! Read below for my top 5 reasons why you should join, as well as my top 5 ways to participate!
Top 5 Reasons Why YOU Should Join Readathon 2012
- Joining the Readathon will encourage your children to engage in summer reading. Reading is one of the best ways to combat the “summer slide” and keep your kids’ brains active while school is not in session.
- Joining the Readathon will allow you to borrow 3 FREE ebooks each week from MeMeTales and participating publishers. All you have to do is sign up and download the MeMeTales’ app! I’ve already read the first three books, and I know that you will love them.
- Joining the Readathon will donate a meal to a hungry child via FoodForEducation.org.
- Joining the Readathon will allow you to join in with six fun weeks of themed activities. You read the books on the MeMeTales app. No Twiddle Twaddle as well as over fifteen other blogs will be sharing activities and ideas to bring those books alive. Each week, MeMeTales will host a link-up for participating blogs.
- Week 1 – Animals
- Week 2 – Friendship
- Week 3 – Character Development
- Week 4 – Imagination
- Week 5 – Green Earth
- Week 6 – Global Cultures
So, you want to join in the fun? What should you do?
Top 5 Ways that YOU Can Participate in Readathon 2012
- Sign up.
- Download the MeMeTales app. (Consider writing a review!)
Disclosure: I’m required to disclose that I will receive free copies of books that I post about during the Readathon as a blog power leader. But, I chose to participate and promote the Readathon because I am excited about the event not because of the books.